Android Question Generate APK instead of AAB

Sifu

Hello,
maybe it's been asked before, but I can't find it.
How to generate APK instead of AAB ?

AAB works perfect on Google, and for Google I'll need to keep using that.
But Amazon and Samsung developers portals require APK's.

Is there a way to generate APK (this was possible before right, before Google started with aab)? or am I overseeing something?

Thank you very much.

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Of course:

1642313641432.png

Attachments

• 1642313603432.png
    1642313603432.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0

Sifu

Thanks. That's something I did not know. I was using Build App bundle and the run button only for testing. I never saw an APK in that folder. Now that I did not test on device or emulator I saw the APK, so maybe it gets deleted after testing?
I was already using Bundletool to create APKs, you have to unzip the big APKS to get the separate APK's. But uploading those gave an error on Amazon: Invalid Input and on Samsung this: AndroidManifest.xml file is not valid. Please make sure that App ID (PackageName) or VersionName is not missing.
Strange thing is I could install these extracted APK on the Emulator by dragging the APK to it.
So I will try to upload the result.apk to the developer portals to see if it gets accepted now.

Thanks a lot!

***edit***
Getting the same error message at Samsung when uploading the result.apk : AndroidManifest.xml file is not valid. Please make sure that App ID (PackageName) or VersionName is not missing.
***edit 2***
Same error at Amazon: Invalid Input.

The AAB at Google wen't without trouble. There is no change to the program or whatever.

I see I had
B4X:
#VersionName: V3
in Main empty, so now I added V3 behind it. This being empty seems no issue at Google, let's try again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0