Wish Generate Keystore with RSA Algorithm

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
My wish is the current system of generating private keys with these options
(SHA256withDSA with 1024-bit DSA key) should be changed to SHA256withRSA with 2048-bit RSA key

Background

The current Keystore generated with the IDE works with play store which I have used over the years. my current keystore file created in 2016 is SHA1withDSA and 1024-bit DSA key
However, I somewhat found myself unable to create an upload key with the Keystore file generated with B4A.

Even when i created a new one with the IDE which is SHA256withDSA and 1024-bit DSA key , it still does not work. Am not sure if someone else has the same issue, but I read somewhere, 2048-bit RSA key and SHA256withRSA is what is required. which i tried, and it was succesful.

Edit: Disclaimer: Am not an expert in keystore and I dont know the advantages of DSA algorithm over RSA.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
The correct solution was to stop after step #1 failed and find out why it failed.

Well, I got stuck on step #1 several hours without any successful result, and I honestly do not know why it is failing. I used both b4x forum search and google search and no answer, that is why I created a thread about it and am still where I am.

I will create another question thread and see if someone can point to the right direction, as to why it is failing. Thank you

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
New thread here