iOS Question Get list of connected bluetooth devices

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone, I'm just sketching ideas for an app, and before I start doing practical things I want to be sure that what I'm thinking is possibile to do.

The question is:
It's possibile to retrive a list of the currently connected bluetooth devices to my phone?

Example:
My iPhone can be simultaneously connected to an Apple Watch and the Car Stereo, so I wish to have a list containing this two devices.

(For my specific case the names of the devices is sufficient, BUT if there is the possibility to get other data about them (ex. type, rssi, etc) is always a good thing to know).

P.S.
I need to know if this is a thing that I can do also on Android, I don't know if I have to publish another identical thread in the B4A Forum).

Thanks in advance

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not possible.
Hi Erel,
Actually I think that in iOS it is possibile because if you use Spotify, at the bottom left of the player you see the output device, and it changes if you connect an headset, or a speaker or everything else instantly.

See:

is player working...? if not click here

The thing I need exactly is to determine if the phone Is connected to a car stereo (handoff), Spotify in that case for example will show a different UI, simplified for car use) and know WHICH car (maybe one person can have multiple cars)

Last edited:
Upvote 0