iOS Question Getting "No codesigning identities found"

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Prior to using B4i, I already had an apple developer account because I created an app using Nsbasic AppStudio and Phonegap. So I already had a IOS Development certificate in my developers account.

I tried using that existing ios_development.cer file of my account and generated the provision file from it, but I got the below error when trying to build the "b4-bridge app". So, I figured that maybe this error was due to a mis-match between your Private key signing scheme (which generates your own .cer file) and the hosted compile service. So, I tried to create a new certificate in my apple dev account, but the "iOS App Development" radio option was greyed-out, so I couldn't select it (maybe because apple only allows one "ios app development" type certificate per account), so I selected "App Store and Ad-Hoc" for the certificate type and downloaded it into the keys directory. I used the .cer file that B4i generated. I created a wildcard App ID and then created the provision file and downloaded it.

But, I still get the below error when I try to build the B4i-bridge app using your hosted compiler.

I don't want to "Revoke" my existing "iOS App Development" certificate (in order to create a new "iOS App Development type certificate for B4i apps) because I don't know if that will effect my ability to sign my Nsbasic/phonegap apps.

What am I doing wrong?

Note: I did delete the .cer and provision files (that were linked to my existing dev certificate) before I ran your private key feature and did all the up/downloading of new files)

--------------------
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = armv7
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects//Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain
PRODUCT_NAME = B4i-Bridge
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 932bdf28-fe61-4889-ad82-df547f619673
=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===
Check dependencies
Code Sign error: No codesigning identities found: No codesigning identities (i.e. certificate and private key pairs) that match the provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“B4i Development”) were found.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Check dependencies
(1 failure)
--------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I have - three times.

What user ID did you delete? How does this user ID relate to this issue?

I just tried to do the build b4i-bridge again and it failed with the same error:

Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = armv7
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/axnweai/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain axnweai
PRODUCT_NAME = B4i-Bridge
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 0ea94636-6907-44b3-a4d4-e91b7118eadc
=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===
Check dependencies
Code Sign error: No codesigning identities found: No codesigning identities (i.e. certificate and private key pairs) that match the provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“B4i Development”) were found.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Check dependencies
(1 failure)

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Any info about what this error means would be appreciated to help me understand what I may be doing wrong.

For example, what is a codesigning identity?

...and where do I define them in the private key?

...and where do I define them in the provisioning file?

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, I am wasting a lot of time trying to get this working...

Here is what I found:

1) Apple appears to only let you create ONE iOS development certificate, and only TWO App Store and Ad Hoc certificates.
2) Contrary to what seems to be said in the instructions, you CAN NOT create a "Ad Hoc" certificate, then create an "iOS App Development" provisional file. Proof of this is that if you created an "App Store and Ad Hoc" certificate, then select "iOS App Development" when you create a provision file, when it gets to "select" certificates screen, you will notice ONLY your "iOS Development" certificate is listed (your app store/ad hoc certificate is NOT listed).

This step is why my Build B4-bridge was failing with the above error, because I was creating a provisional file using a certificate that was NOT created with B4i (my existing iOS development certificate was created outside of B4i using another product).

So, I then created a new provision file, but selected "Ad Hoc" on the first screen, then when I got to the "select certificates" screen, it properly listed my "App Store/Ad hoc" certificate that I created for B41. Now the Build B4i-Bridge app compiled OK.

So far so good.

I then installed the B4i profile (using b4x.com/ca.pem) and it installed OK.

I then typed the IP address given in the "build b4i-bridge" compile result dialog and it properly displayed a "Install App" circle and I clicked it. A new bridge icon appeared on my 5s's homescreen, but then it displayed an error "Unable to install app - B4i_bridge could not be installed at this time".

So I go to the profiles section of my 5s and it lists:

Configuration Profiles:
B4i - Verified
Provisioning Profiles
B4i Dev - Verified (the name I gave the provisional "ad hoc" provision file)

So, why wont it install?

Is it because the certificate and provision files were create with "ad hoc" selected? If so, then how can existing apple developers (with an existing App Development Certificate created outside of B4i) use B4i to compile apps?

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, for some reason I did another compile and b4i-bridge installed. Whola!

So the lesson to learn from all this is that if you create a certificate and select "App Store and Ad Hoc", you MUST also select "Ad Hoc" when creating a provision file.

Upvote 0