Android Question Google play services problem

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

I am downloading the google play services rev 30 from sdk manager . After i go to G:\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services
to copy the jar and paste in libraries folder but there are only 2 files : docs - samples there is no lib file and i cant find the jar file. I tried to delete pakage and reinstall with no luck.

Any ideas ?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh, Is there a way to go back to version 29 ? I cant compile anything uses google play services =)

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Damned ....
I'm downloading now the 2.4GB of SDKandroid.rar to go back to V29.
Which is the correct procedure once I have finished the download ? Remove V30 from SDK manager ?
And then ?

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just installed it but I get this error:

"ERROR: resource directory 'c:\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res' does not exist"

So I tried to comment the line

B4X:
#AdditionalRes: C:\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res, com.google.android.gms

But I get now the error:

"AndroidManifest.xml:154: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@Integer/google_play_services_version')."

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I comment that line I get the error about the manifest, that I suppose is here, how to modify it ?

B4X:
AddApplicationText(<meta-data
    android:name="com.google.android.maps.v2.API_KEY"
    android:value="AIzaxxxxxxxxxx-DKqTQ3BtRwHW2PDT4nwM2k5U1c4"/>
<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version"
android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version"
    />)

And what do you mean about the libraries used, those one selected in the IDE ?

Upvote 0