Android Question Google Play Store - App not auto updating on device

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Whether it is automatically updated or not depends on the Play Console Developer. But every device has its settings.

The user can select which ones to update automatically or not, the developer can never decide

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Whether it is automatically updated or not depends on the Play Console. But every device has its settings.

The user can select which ones to update automatically or not, the developer can never decide

Thanks for the quick response, is there a setting in the play console, I have looked but cannot find one.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry but I've never seen a similar option in the Play Console Developer.

But I saw this option instead on the Play Store app

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The option to update the app automatically is in the Google Play app on your mobile device.

Look at the photo
ok.png

Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
It should be updated automatically if the user selected the option (which is selected by default). You don't need to do anything special.

Make sure to give it enough time and to test it on a device where your app is installed from the store and not manually.
Thanks Erel, I thought as much.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It should be updated automatically if the user selected the option (which is selected by default)
I receive many notifications about new updates available and very few apps are updated automatically.

I suppose this means that the default setting is "don't update automatically", since I don't think I've changed this setting, much less on many apps.

P.S.
I searched now and did not find this setting on my device :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
P.S.
I searched now and did not find this setting on my device ...

In Google play .. Settings....

ps. bit of an old thread .. no ?

Upvote 0

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, but I don't think it's always useful to open a new thread every time, in some cases, as in this I think, it is better to reply to an old post.
And so I do and I will.

OK.
Just thought a quick google search would have answered you question / doubt.

Upvote 0