Android Question GUI text hight problem

Tempomaster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

the picture on the left shows the normal view of my setup menu. A user of my app has sent me the right picture. the gui is created with the designer of b4a. How can I most easily get the problem under control?

Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg

Best regards,
Gunnar

Last edited:

Tempomaster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have completely revised my app now. In addition I would like to remark that the call of the "ResetUserFontScale" sub must be done after each execution of Activity.LoadLayout ("..."). A single call to Activity_Create was unsuccessful. In addition, some texts had to be corrected manually.

B4X:
ResetUserFontScale(Activity)
xxx.TextSize=xxx.TextSize / access.GetUserFontScale
xxx.TwoLinesAndBitmap.Label.TextSize=xxx.TwoLinesAndBitmap.Label.TextSize / access.GetUserFontScale

I once adjusted the font height myself. Every user can do that without restriction. I was ashamed of the look of my app in this case myself. You can not expect that from a user. Some users may not even know that the font height is wrong. You think then that you have developed an unprofessional app. And she will be uninstalled. And when things are going bad, you can start a 1-star rating.

Here are two stark sample images from the app that probably make the problem clear:

Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_5.jpg

Thanks again for the help.

Best regards,
Gunnar

Last edited:
Upvote 0