Android Tutorial Hello world - Installing Android Emulator

jacksnipe

Licensed User
Longtime User
I keep getting this error when following the example posted at the start of this thread:

Compiling code. 0.00
Compiling layouts code. 0.00
Generating R file. 0.00
Compiling generated Java code. Error
javac 1.6.0_26
javac: file not found: src\anywheresoftware\b4a\helloworld\main.java
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options

Any ideas?

jacksnipe

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, I figured that out finally. It would be nice if that was in the docs or in the tutorial somewhere.

kuntalpaul

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A IDE does not connect to the Emulator any more

Hi Erel,

I have purchased B4A couple of weeks back and have been using it since then. So far it was working just fine. But, today I am not able to connect to emulator from the IDE. I tried to many of the sample programs, I faced the same issue with all of them. See the screen print for the error message I am getting. Please help me to resolve this issue.

The emulator is running while I am compiling the program. Also I deleted current instance and created new instance of the emulator in AVD manager multiple times. Still it did not work. I even uninstalled the application with SDK and JDK. It didn't work even after reinstalling everything.

It is really frustrating, please help.
:sign0085:

kuntalpaul

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have Android 4.0.3 (API 15) installed. Recently Java 6 was upgraded from 6.26 to 6.31. Can this be a problem?

kuntalpaul

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can see the emulator listed using 'adb devices' command only after I bring up the emulator using AVD Manager. Otherwise I do not see any emulator listed using 'adb devices' command. Also 'adb -e shell' does not bring up the emulator.

kuntalpaul

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, path has been correctly configured. I have installed Android SDK under c:\android and same has been mentioned in B4A configuration.

Can this problem be related to Windows 7 OS? I have installed B4A on my laptop (Windows Vista) following the same steps, naintaining same files paths. It is working fine on my laptop - though I would be comfortable in working on my desktop.

kuntalpaul

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please suggest what else can I try? I really want it to run on my desktop. Do you want me to try any specific shell command?

Though 'adb -e shell' appeared to get connected to the emulator, do you want me to try any specific shell command to ensure that adb correctly gets connected?

kuntalpaul

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see following text in the log file. Does it help?

===============
optimizedDex receive: 33
OptimizedDexer exitCode=0
Optimized worked...
wait one blocked.
starting adb start-server.

Trying again... 5

Trying again... 4

Trying again... 3

Trying again... 2

Trying again... 1
=====================

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…