B4J Question Help with Scene Builder...

Robert Maguire

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Folks,

Hoping someone can help me out.

I am experiencing some strangeness with Scene Builder. I created the MainForm for my application using Scene Builder. It is a simple layout with a border pane, anchor pane, toolbar and button on the toolbar. The button is the first of a number of buttons that will open layouts in the anchor pane below the toolbar.

The form was fine and displayed in Scene Builder with no problems. The application such as it is at the moment is fine.

At some point I decided to add the next button to the toolbar and Scene Builder starts but does not display. I shows on the Windows taskbar but does not fully open when selected (see the image).

The layout, however still works fine when run the application.

I suspect there is something 'strange' in the fxml but I can't put my finger on it. The fxml file is in the attached zip file.

Can anyone suggest why this file does not open properly in Scene Builder or why Scene Builder may be behaving like this?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• FX-Issue.png
    FX-Issue.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 253
  • QuiverMain.zip
    512 bytes · Views: 189

Robert Maguire

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Thanks very much for checking this...obviously the 'strangeness' is local to my PC.

I'll look closer and if necessary re-install.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Robert Maguire

Licensed User
Longtime User
A quick update...This appears to be a problem with Scene Builder.

Re-installing Scene Builder did not change the behavior, however I found this reference to the problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24543291/why-would-scenebuilder-2-0-fail-to-open-my-fxml-file

The problem also occurred in a second project that I am working on and I can confirm that copying the fxml file to a new name, deleting the original and re-naming the copied file to the original name seems to work.

Hopefully Scene Builder will be corrected in a later release.

Upvote 0

prokli

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I trying to open certain fxml file, SceneBuilder would minimize and would not open the file.
I don't have any custom components in my scene graph.
Damn thing! Stopped my project and put it to the waste

Upvote 0