iOS Question Hide keyboard event?

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Am I able to detect when I manually hide the keyboard? I'd like to clean up a text input panel if I choose to change my mind and manually hide the keyboard.

Thank you...

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I'm using the keyboard and am finished with it, I press the lower right key which has the KB icon and the keyboard slides down and out of sight. I'm wondering if we have an event that I can hook into so my app can do a few small clean up tasks.

Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
>use the _EnterPressed event, which is always fired when you press the return key.

I am using that now but that doesn't hide the keyboard. I can do my clean up needed but the BD is still there. In that event I could hide the keyboard and that would work but how do I hide the BD using code? That would be a work around but I'd still like to be able to detect the user pressing the BD hide key because I'd still need to do the clean up stuff.

Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
>You can call TextField.ResignFocus to hide the keyboard.

Yes, I am doing that now and that does hide the KB. I am asking if the user presses the key (lower right corner) shown in the attachment, if I can detect that? That key hides the KB and I need to do some code clean up if the user just chooses to hide the KB.

Attachments

• 2019-01-27_074420.png
    2019-01-27_074420.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
>Handle the EndEdit event.

That doesn't do what I'm asking for: I am asking if the user presses the key (lower right corner) shown in the attachment, if I can detect that?

Attachments

• IMG_0108.PNG
    IMG_0108.PNG
    342.3 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes that event works...Height is 0 when I hide the KB.

When I run in the debugger I see this line in the logs window:

Unexpected event (missing RaisesSynchronousEvents): page1_keyboardstatechanged:

Upvote 0