Android Question How do I remove B4A license from current installation?

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been using B4A on my laptop which needs to be reformatted and handed over to other.
How do I remove my license details from this laptop? I don't have admin rights on this laptop since this was office laptop so I can't uninstall B4A. But I can delete the installed B4A folder. Will this remove the license key also?

Because I will be using my license on my new laptop.

Pls help.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel can probably answer better than I, but I think if you delete the license file (b4a-license.txt) it will make the B4A installation unlicensed.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BTW, if the notebook's HD get reformatted the license will be wiped out like any other info stored on that disk.
I guess that the OP needs admin rights (or BIOS access) to reset the PC to its initial state or that he can simply wipe out everything then install a partition manager and at least one OS.

Upvote 0

roberto64

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi, even without formatting, first put the tick hidden elements "where you have to see hidden folders" then go to "C: \ Users \ apple \ AppData \ Roaming \ Anywhere Software" and delete the Basic4android directories, I forgot if you see apple because I'm using a Mac.

Upvote 0

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been using B4A on my laptop which needs to be reformatted and handed over to other.
How do I remove my license details from this laptop? I don't have admin rights on this laptop since this was office laptop so I can't uninstall B4A. But I can delete the installed B4A folder. Will this remove the license key also?

Because I will be using my license on my new laptop.

Pls help.
The file b4a-license.txt is located inside your b4a installation folder (on Windows it is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android).
Deleting this folder will obviously wipe out your b4-license.txt file.
So, make sure you have a safe copy of this file somewhere else before formatting your disk.

Upvote 0