Android Question How does Android interact with hardware to send SMS messages over the RF chip?

karim22

I was trying to understand how Android interacts with hardware to send SMS messages over the RF chip, but I was facing difficulties in understanding the relationship between kernel, software, hardware, operating system, Android Java files, boot image, system image, as well as how to create them and what is the relation of this with flashing
please some one help me undersand this stuff in english :)
thanks all

hitesh.k

All terms used here are not needed for sending sms i have not done that type of project but what i can help with is

system image: it is hexadecimal file

boot image : it is normally a hexadecimal file

flashing : it is a process in which one want to change operating system,it is cpu specific ,commands used in this process is cpu specific, first boot image is send to device ,if boot is activated then system image is transferd and reset is done at end. you cannot create them unless you are cpu manufacturer or using cpu in your device manufacturing process.

operating system: only you have to deal with this for sending sms. for sending sms you have to cook application

ide will be chosen on factor operating system is used

rf chip : it is only a dumb chip with no brains (no cpu or memory) you have to attach this to some thing like raspberry pie or something i guess .

hardware : i guess you understand now
software : i guess ide in this case
kernel : why you need this ?
How android interacts with hardware to send SMS: a perfect example is your mobile phone, b4a can be used to send sms from mobile phone.

Upvote 0

karim22

I GOT THIS ;
well what i want actually is to make my device chips together work like an raspberry
so I can have for example the RF chip send over the air a radio signal that will say "hello world" rather than the data that is sent usually when sending an SMS
u got it ? so now am confused where i should edit exactly to make that happen is the operating system or the boot image or where exactly

Upvote 0