iOS Question How to modify a numeric field when it loses focus

Dennis Glowack

Licensed User
Is it possible to change to appearance of a number field after it loses focus? For example: The user enters "2" into a field (that is being used for dollars and cents) rather than "2.00". Although it doesn't hurt the entry into the database, I would like to see it change to 2.00 when the user moves to the next field. Formatting the number isn't the problem, rather it is capturing the event so that I can make the change.

Dennis Glowack

Licensed User
How would I have known this? Where do I go to find out about this and other events? Purposes and implementations? I've been a desktop (dBase) programmer for 20+ years. Smart phone programming is very different. I was drawn to your software because of how similar it is in that I can visually create my apps then add code to the views. I knew every property, method and event that existed for every view (objects in dBase) because they all appeared in the designer. I just don't know where to find documentation on such things. Now that I know that the EndEdit event exists, I can search the forums for more information.
Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1:
because they all appeared in the designer
B4i_NlXmBSS8rE.png

2:
B4i_72JfqF8Hrk.png

3:
B4i_x17iMDl0sH.png

4:

Upvote 0

Dennis Glowack

Licensed User
Thanks, again. I wrote my first B4A app and didn't realize the extent that Generate went. I never noticed the events. This is very helpful.

Upvote 0