Android Question How to open a B4A project in Eclipse

siddsg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I have a friend who is a Java guy and has joined the project I am working on.
Could someone please let me know how to open a B4A project in Eclipse, and if it run fine?
Thanks,
Sidd

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Could someone please let me know how to open a B4A project in Eclipse, and if it run fine?

You cant. B4A-Code is NOT Java-code. It will NOT "run fine". It will just NOT RUN.

Upvote 0

siddsg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I didnt mean to access B4A code using Eclipse.
B4A is basically a wrapper IDE and internally it is Java code that is generated, isn't it? So wouldn't I be able to access that using Eclipse?

Need to do this because my project is growing in size and scope, and going beyond a 1-man operation. So need to be able to have additional people working on different parts of the project.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So wouldn't I be able to access that using Eclipse?
The generated java code you can open in eclipse... But you cannot put back the changes you make in java-code to your app.
The java-code is generated each time you compile your project! B4A does not have a possibility to import-javacode back to the B4A-project either.

Remember; the java-code which is generated is NOT based on java-code. It is based on B4A-Code

Upvote 0

siddsg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks! Would you know the procedure to import the B4A generated code into Eclipse?

Upvote 0

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Compile your b4a project and then look in the project's Objects directory.
Here you'll find the java and related files that b4a has generated from your b4a source code.
It's the contents of the Objects folder that you want to create an Eclipse android project from.

So copy the contents of the Objects folder to a new directory and try to import it into Eclipse as an existing android project.

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also bear in mind that there will be no comments, of will almost be comparable to just decomposing the code.

Upvote 0

siddsg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I am looking to import my project into Eclipse as well. How did you go getting this done?

I simply need it in Java for the person to approve the code around sending credit card details to their API for security reasons.

Regards
Brian

Upvote 0