Android Question How to pass a cursor value to a spinner

Wien.Mart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello All,

I can pass a value from a cursor to a text box (textbox.text = qcur.getstring("name") and a radio button (if qcur.getstring("sex")= "male" then rbMale.checked = true). However, I am having difficulty passing a qcur.getstring("dateofbirth") to a spinner. Please help. Thanks.

Martin

Wien.Mart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Klaus,
I was wondering why it seemed so easy. I looked at the type of the box, it was a customview not a spinner. That was really by design since I wanted to use AnotherDatePicker(ADP). Assigning a value from a cursor is proving to be more difficult. I've tried a lot of combinations, but I could not get it. Maybe I should look for a different date picker.
Thanks again. :)

Upvote 0

Wien.Mart

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried assigning the cursor (qcur.getstring("dateofbirth")) to a customview, the panel/view used in the example of the Another Date Picker but i can't seem to get it right. Of course when you pick a date, it will give the correct one, but if you assign a value from a cursor to the customview, I do not know which to use and I can't seem to find a working example of a query from a database that uses the customview.

Upvote 0