Android Question How to remove old Unity Ads non compliant app version from the playstore

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I stopped using unity Ads since version code 13 of my application. From version Code 14 to the current version code of my application 19 uses FirebaseAdmob.
I removed all traces of unityAds from my manifest and library but anytime I am updating my application, google gives the warning below.

I dont know why i still get warning to an old version of an app, and I tried and googled how to remove that particular version but could not make any headway.

Have you face this warning before, and how do you make it stop?

B4X:
Your app xxxxxxx version code 13 includes SDK com.unity3d.ads:unity-ads or an SDK that one of your libraries depends on, which collects personal or sensitive data that includes but may not be limited to null identifiers. Persistent device identifiers may not be linked to other personal and sensitive user data or resettable device identifiers as described in the User Data policy.

Starting from January 11, 2023 midnight (UTC), new app releases containing the SDK version(s) that do not comply with the User Data policy may be blocked from release. You may consider upgrading to a policy-compliant version of this SDK that does not include the violating code if available from your SDK provider, or removing this SDK from your app.

According to your SDK provider, you may consider upgrading to 4.0.1, and/or contacting your SDK provider to see if a suitable later version might be available. Google is unable to endorse or recommend any third party software.

ACTION REQUIRED: Upload a new compliant version AND deactivate the noncompliant version.

Read through the User Data policy for more details, and how to submit an updated app for review here.

If you've reviewed the policy and feel our decision may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team.
Learn More

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
looks like one or some of your users are still running version code 13!?

Upvote 0