B4J Question how to sync my lan based application (b4j - SQLite) to my online application (PHP - MySQL) ?

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I read a very similar thread a few days ago. If I understand it correctly, you already have what you need as an Android app; now you'd like to do just the same with B4J for a desktop app.
Why can't you copy the Android app solution? It should have all the "save locally to Sqlite" and "Transmit data to remote server" features developed.

Am i wrong? Was the Android solution developed with a tool different from B4A?

Upvote 0

Arnold Orbista

Licensed User
Hi,
I read a very similar thread a few days ago. If I understand it correctly, you already have what you need as an Android app; now you'd like to do just the same with B4J for a desktop app.
Why can't you copy the Android app solution? It should have all the "save locally to Sqlite" and "Transmit data to remote server" features developed.

Am i wrong? Was the Android solution developed with a tool different from B4A?

hmm i dont have an android app, my desktop will be made from scratch but i already have an online application. but thats the same logic.

thanks, do you have any suggestion to sync Sqlite Database with mysql serve

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As Erel suggested, if you have control on your remote server, you could use JRDC2 as a way to send data from local to remote.
Locally, just use an extra field in your sqlite tables where you take note whether it is new data to be synched or already synched data.
The on user request (or at given intervals) check if you have connection and sync the data using RDC2 features to send records.

Locally you could even create an extra table where you take note of all the data you need to sync. It all depends on your application, I guess.

Upvote 0