B4J Question How to test the performance of B4J server?

MichalK73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello.

I'm writing applications in B4A but will connect to mysql database via B4J server. The result and the presented JSON and such are also included in the server. All text, no graphics in handle mode. While testing it works very well but I do not know how it will behave with the stability and speed of many connections, eg from 1000 to 10000 simultaneous connections.

Do you have any experience with this?
Is there any method to load sewer to test to check server behavior?
When communication breaks down?

I'm thinking of writing a program in B4J which will send loads of queries and count the time of sending and receiving in the table, and on this basis examine the behavior of the server. I do not know if my concept will work, or maybe you already have some proven methods.

Very grateful for all the suggestions.

MichalK73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. I know I read this Erel and it is satisfying for me.

However, I would specifically like to explore my server with my queries. It would help me to see where I have communication delays and try to optimize the code for better performance.
Checked locally jmeter but I have strange results. It clogs me pretty fast, probably a link. After a half hour of testing I had a suspended database server and had to reboot. Strange.
Check out www.blazemeter.com a cool tool but for free you can generate up to 50 users and I need to test for about 1000. I do not smile loading $ 99 for version with 1000 users.

Upvote 0