B4J Question How to use B4J 9.50 to create 32 bit Win Xp programs?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I would like to create a program in B4J that can be installed and can work correctly on Windows XP 32 bit
I am using the latest version of B4J ide 9.50 with Jdk 11.0.1
What is the correct procedure to be able to create the installer file to install and run correctly my program on Win Xp 32 bit?

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
The latest version is 64bits so it cannot work with in 32bits os. So you can’t produce 32bits executable. More of all java 11+ are only 64bits. So either you stick to and older version(not the solution) or migrate to 64bits os.

Upvote 0

behnam_tr

Licensed User
Longtime User
The latest version is 64bits so it cannot work with in 32bits os. So you can’t produce 32bits executable. More of all java 11+ are only 64bits. So either you stick to and older version(not the solution) or migrate to 64bits os.

The latest version is 64bits so it cannot work with in 32bits os ///
This is not true, it can run on 32-bit and 64-bit windows.

Windows XP does not support version 11

Upvote 0

behnam_tr

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to create a program in B4J that can be installed and can work correctly on Windows XP 32 bit
I am using the latest version of B4J ide 9.50 with Jdk 11.0.1
What is the correct procedure to be able to create the installer file to install and run correctly my program on Win Xp 32 bit?
I think if necessary you should get an output with jdk8 to run on Windows xp

Upvote 0

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User

Frequently asked questions​

Q: Is B4J completely free, including for commercial purposes?​

A: Yes.​

Q: Can I reuse B4X code with B4J?​

A: Almost all of the code and layouts can be reused. Especially when using XUI + B4XPages librares.​

Q: How is B4J performance?​

A: The performance of programs developed with B4J are excellent, and are similar to the performance of C# based programs.
Two examples: Primes benchmark and Server performance.​

Q: Is a 32-bit version available?​

A: B4J v9.30 is the latest 32-bit version.​

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will clarify:
1. Latest version of B4X IDE is 64 bit. But this is only relevant for the development computer.
2. You can use the latest version of B4J with Java 8. The compiled jar will run on 32 bit computers, assuming that Java 8 is installed on the computer.
Edit: 3. Java 11 is 64 bit only. This is why you need to use Java 8 and distribute the jar (the standalone packager depends on Java 11).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

behnam_tr

Licensed User
Longtime User

Frequently asked questions​

Q: Is B4J completely free, including for commercial purposes?​

A: Yes.​

Q: Can I reuse B4X code with B4J?​

A: Almost all of the code and layouts can be reused. Especially when using XUI + B4XPages librares.​

Q: How is B4J performance?​

A: The performance of programs developed with B4J are excellent, and are similar to the performance of C# based programs.
Two examples: Primes benchmark and Server performance.​

Q: Is a 32-bit version available?​

A: B4J v9.30 is the latest 32-bit version.​

right
b4j 9.50 is 64bit but all output jar can run on windows 32bit and 64bit

Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User

The development station is Win 10 64bit, no problem
The question was asked to understand how to create a program that can be INSTALLED and can RUN on WinXp 32bit

Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Install Java JDK8!

Ok, so if I use Jdk 8 on the development station, the programs will be compiled and will work correctly even on the 32-bit Win Xp target pc (which obviously must have jdk 8 installed)
Which features do you give up using jdk 8 compared to jdk 11?

Upvote 0

xulihang

Licensed User
Longtime User
JDK 8 won't work on Windows XP. The last version that Windows XP supports is JDK 7. Maybe you can try an early version of B4J which uses JDK 7.

Upvote 0

Num3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Correct me if i am wrong, but the resulting java files are bytecode, it doesn't matter on what type of system they are built (32 or 64bit, even arm) it's up to the Runtime Enviroment of the specific platform to understand and run the code.

Upvote 0