Android Question how to use git with b4a?

abedcode

hello everyone, I like to know when using git, which directories or files I should ignore? should I commit backup zip files? what about "Objects" directory? a .gitignore file would be really helpful, thanks in advance :)

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
The answer is simple and one. What ever you want to keep versioning you should add it in the git. All the others in the .gitignore . You can also write:

B4X:
'Ctrl + click for git actions: ide://run?File=C:\Windows\explorer.exe&Args=%PROJECT%

and then use a git GUI like TortoiseGit in the explorer with right click for ease of use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

abedcode

The answer is simple and one. What ever you want to keep versioning you should add it in the git. All the others in the .gitignore . You can also write:

B4X:
'Ctrl + click for git actions: ide://run?File=C:\Windows\explorer.exe&Args=%PROJECT%

and then use a git GUI like TortoiseGit in the explorer with right click for ease of use.
thanks for your answer :) what @Erel told me about .gitignore file was strange to me! so is Entire "Objects" directory unimportant that I should ignore?

Upvote 0