I sell my idea for an online multiplayer game

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would you have paid 50,000 for Yo when it was just an idea?

It would have been a hard sell.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You got me there ! :D, but you get the idea - right ?:)

I'm almost sure of it.

It probably would not get millions of users, but I think up to 500,000, over time.

If I was right, selling the app for € 0.99 and not counting the "in-app billing" (which I do not know predict, but an expert software house can do it too) the buyer company would earn € 297,000 net of Google's 30% and my 10%. So about 600% of those € 50,000.

Seems my request still exaggerated?

[P.S. and do not forget that I'm talking of 500,000 Android installations: the company may also develop versions for iOS and Windows and for... browsers!!!]

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The difference with a movie script is that you can read it before you buy it after signing a paper (NDA) that you won't copy it without buying.

Here you buy air without knowing what smell is attached to it :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The difference with a movie script is that you can read it before you buy it after signing a paper (NDA) that you won't copy it without buying.

Here you buy air without knowing what smell is attached to it :)

That is the question. A movie script may be protected by copyright, my idea no.

Obviously, if I had the means and the capacity to develop all this, iOS, Windows and browsers, including, I would do everything, I will not try to sell the idea.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could give it a try, if it becomes successfull and you earned enough you can look around to have it developed on other OSs.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you know how much 30 seconds tv commercial costs during the final of the Super Bowl?

Hi Luca and sorry for the typo last time,
Honestly I think I know your idea now.. but I will stop talking about it because I am working on the same.

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i make my calcs here and look the results
i have one app, this app have 5 users online for day, with 5 users i make 2 dolars for day.
now pay atention ate the result

5 Users Online/day = 2 Dollars
250 Users Online/Day = 100 Dollars day

if I knew schedule games, I would be rich and not wasting more time

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
a day is long, if they only use it for an hour which is already quite long in my opinion it's only 0.08/"day" * 5 = 0.40 * ~ 30 = 12.5/month

0.08*250=20 and not 100 altho it could still be a nice 20* ~30=60 bucks a months.

theory and practice don't always match ;)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can't be sure it will be a great success even your game is new and great. Candy Crush Saga is not new (it's just 3 match game), Flappy Bird is not great (it's just 8 bit graphic game) but it made a lot of money. All depend on the players, the rumours, the PR channels and LUCK!
I really hope your idea will be next big successful game. :D

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
even the flappy bird idea was not 100% new, there exist games from decades ago that worked simular.

it was just in caves instead of going through pipes.

buying this is like buying an old house without seeing/inspecting it, it could be rotten to the bone so to say without knowing it.

it could be just tetris played from bottom to up ;)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can't be sure it will be a great success even your game is new and great. Candy Crush Saga is not new (it's just 3 match game), Flappy Bird is not great (it's just 8 bit graphic game) but it made a lot of money. All depend on the players, the rumours, the PR channels and LUCK!
I really hope your idea will be next big successful game. :D

It is important that the company thinks that the game will be a success.

The question is that it is unlikely that companies read my post here.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
even the flappy bird idea was not 100% new, there exist games from decades ago that worked simular.

it was just in caves instead of going through pipes.

buying this is like buying an old house without seeing/inspecting it, it could be rotten to the bone so to say without knowing it.

it could be just tetris played from bottom to up ;)

I continue with the example of the movie:
a movie producer buys a screenplay based on his own nose, his business acumen.
Then, if the movie will be a success or not ...!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I manage to complete it and publish it, if and when users become many thousands, it will be easier to sell the... idea!
right, but he knows already what it is about.

Well, not of course the whole subject, just a first "chapter".
If he knew anything, he would just write it to a salaried employee, saving a lot.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
try to find me a producer that will buy a script with just "hi I have a nice script, it's only $60.000 but you can only read it after buying. wanne buy it?"