I sell my idea for an online multiplayer game

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
once again, you can't predict/buy success or popularity.

and how many did an uninstall with refund within 2 hours?

you can't always count on the figures you see.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
that's different because you work out your own idea(s).

and if you want to buy a recipe for a chocolate you first want to taste it to make sure it's worth it. ;)

if you believe in it then work it out yourself and you can keep 100% of the profit (after google pinched 30% of it for themselves)

ivan.tellez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Example of success of an online multiplayer turn-based game:
"UNO" - €4.49 - $5.67
Downloads: 500.000 / 1.000.000
(media 750.000 = $4.252.500)
+ in-app billing???

UNO, its a game with almost 4 decades of fame to get this kind of success.

Actually the combination purchase the game plus in app billing is too greedy and not really succesfull.

The UNO Android app has not in-app billing. The UNO™ & Friends app has In app billing BUT its free.

In app billing games are 99% free ones. Purchased apps are 99% witout in app billing.

Also, you forgot to take the 30% share of googles for the sales.
The cost of production of the game.
The expenses of marketing.
The expenses of having the servers running.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The question is whether this game can gain a lot more of those 50,000 or not.
I think so, but I could be wrong, of course.
Luca,
Where did you study marketing? :)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations..
I mean telling the truth is better than many marketing and salesmanship practices and it is not taught these days in any school.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations..
I mean telling the truth is better than many marketing and salesmanship practices and it is not taught these days in any school.

Lying is the basis of success: imagine what kind of career can have an honest politician! :D

(For this reason I have never been successful)

[P.S. Thinking better... I got a few small successes thanks to a few little lies.

I would have had to use bigger lies in my life :D]

Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would have had to use bigger lies in my life
another solution is to say "Read my libs" then with muted voice and with libs only say "more taxes" and people will understand it as "No taxes" :)
be smart don't correct the media next day!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
(note the * )

Like always people don't read the fine prints..
but I already congratulated you, and just didn't see it nice to tell you cut a check and throw it in the mail box. Now you save my life.

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Like always people don't read the fine prints..
but I already congratulated you, and just didn't see it nice to tell you cut a check and throw it in the mail box. Now you save my life.

Sorry, Beja, I did not understand :(.

I understood the first line. Here in Italy (I presume everywhere or almost) is also used to write up to 10 lines of text with microscopic characters in the last 3 seconds of a commercial (30 seconds); I would not be able to read those texts even in a still frame on a TV of 60 inches! This is because "the law" requires it and governments are satisfied (and accomplices).

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You understood right.. I mean these lines in the back of any company agreement that are printed and very small and lite gray fonts, so you first can't see them, then when you see them can't read them. In radio or televised ads also the. same.. the advertiser fist read the ad aloud, and when reaching the end he dramatically changes his voice to very quick, low, low-pitch and mean. and says "Restrictions apply, you must have lived in the moon for at least two years and be able to cross the manch sea with a bike.
I always think about lobbying in Congress to make it law that the font and size of ad conditions be the same as the body of the message.
Don't worry of the second paragraph because it is now invalid.. I don't want to explain because may be I need it in the future, but a hint: it is about sharing your booty with your fellow B4Aers.