B4J Question IDE - Code text colours

Blindman

Hi

I'm visually impaired and I'm trying to configure the IDE so that I can read the code.

I've increased font size ok but I cannot see how to change colour of text to suit my vision.

I would like all code text to be bright yellow, bold, on black background.

Windows 10 is configured in high contrast mode.

Advice appreciated.

Blindman

Thank you Erel

Yes, I have selected Dark theme which gives black background but text is too dark.

I have created C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\Themes\Yellow.vssettings to experiment with.

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
I have created C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\Themes\Yellow.vssettings to experiment with.
Welcome to B4J @Blindman. If you happen to find a good solution to your issue, hopefully you can find the time to do a write up and post it in the B4J's Tutorials section. This way we have a resource that future programmers can use/be directed towards.

Blindman

Is there a way to make all the IDE background black like the code window now is in following screenshot? IDE theme set to MetroDark.

0TRANS.jpg

Blindman

"Which parts in the IDE are not dark for you?"

The top part of the IDE screen (above the code window) has a grey background.
I would find it much easier to read if it had a true black background.

Blindman

I've tried all the IDE themes. With my eyesight, MetroDark is only one I can use.

Please would you consider adding another dark theme with a true black background. This would be much appreciated.

In my code editor theme .vssettings file, I had to replace all "0x02000000" with "0x00000000" to obtain a true black background in the code editor window.