B4J Question IDE - Code text colours

Blindman

Hi

I'm visually impaired and I'm trying to configure the IDE so that I can read the code.

I've increased font size ok but I cannot see how to change colour of text to suit my vision.

I would like all code text to be bright yellow, bold, on black background.

Windows 10 is configured in high contrast mode.

Advice appreciated.

Blindman

Thank you Erel

Yes, I have selected Dark theme which gives black background but text is too dark.

I have created C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\Themes\Yellow.vssettings to experiment with.

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have created C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\Themes\Yellow.vssettings to experiment with.
Welcome to B4J @Blindman. If you happen to find a good solution to your issue, hopefully you can find the time to do a write up and post it in the B4J's Tutorials section. This way we have a resource that future programmers can use/be directed towards.

Upvote 0

Blindman

Is there a way to make all the IDE background black like the code window now is in following screenshot? IDE theme set to MetroDark.

0TRANS.jpg

Upvote 0

Blindman

"Which parts in the IDE are not dark for you?"

The top part of the IDE screen (above the code window) has a grey background.
I would find it much easier to read if it had a true black background.

Upvote 0

Blindman

I've tried all the IDE themes. With my eyesight, MetroDark is only one I can use.

Please would you consider adding another dark theme with a true black background. This would be much appreciated.

In my code editor theme .vssettings file, I had to replace all "0x02000000" with "0x00000000" to obtain a true black background in the code editor window.

Upvote 0