Android Tutorial IDE Color Schemes

David S

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I try loading the Cobrasoft scheme in Post 1, B4A (full trial & paid version) crashes on startup. I am assuming because the following 3 elements are missing?
<Style Key="WarningColor" ForeColor="#AEB404" />
<Style Key="ErrorColor" ForeColor="#FF0000" />
<Style Key="Annotation" ForeColor="#FF6103" />
David

edit: interesting... the above text would not post until I added my name. guess it doesn't like parsing ending tags at the end of a post.

Hansbck

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I try loading the Cobrasoft scheme in Post 1, B4A (full trial & paid version) crashes on startup. I am assuming because the following 3 elements are missing?
<Style Key="WarningColor" ForeColor="#AEB404" />
<Style Key="ErrorColor" ForeColor="#FF0000" />
<Style Key="Annotation" ForeColor="#FF6103" />
David

edit: interesting... the above text would not post until I added my name. guess it doesn't like parsing ending tags at the end of a post.
What editor are you using. I tried various editors and got the same result. Then I used XMLNOTEPAD from microsoft and it worked fine. Search for xml editor to find the program.

pauleffect

Licensed User
Longtime User
In case you're interested, i made this because I'm a big fan of sublime text and it's color scheme.

Updated. Looks even better.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.png
    Untitled-2.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 573
  • B4A.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:

javiman6969

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to change background color of Active Row? It would be great.
It is very comfortable. In the style of most modern code editors.

Thanks.

jhamill

Licensed User
Longtime User
is it possible the change the colours in variables panel during debug? the highlighted variable seems to default to a blue bar with black text which is close to unreadable on my laptop display.

jhamill

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you running Windows XP? There is an issue with the color on Windows XP.
No, I am running windows 7 professional with 'standard' colour schemes out of the box as per HP's choices. However that gave me a clue, so I changed the windows theme to Windows 7 Basic, and it's readable . thanks
john

Mivo

Licensed User
Longtime User
In case you're interested, i made this because I'm a big fan of sublime text and it's color scheme.

Being a fan of Sublime Text myself, I love your theme -- thanks for sharing it with the community! I'm using it for now, until I get around to adapting Sublime's cobalt theme. :)

Last edited:

RonC.

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried to change my B4A.xml by cutting and pasting the first post and placing everything between the styles tag...

* CRASH *

But then I realized that there's one line of code missing:

B4X:
<Style Key="CurrentLine" ForeColor="Transparent" BackColor="WhiteSmoke"/> <!-- ForeColor = border -->

FYI: pauleffect, love your theme :) but used droid mono instead...

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
RonC, I've had the same problem where there was a missing color. I added a "wish" post to have the IDE ignore missing color entries and use a default. Maybe it will be added at some point.

RonC.

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ac9ts, Totally Agree.

Not to steal your thunder, I think B4A.xml styles should work both ways:
  • B4A.xml should ignore missing color entries & use the default values in it's place
  • B4A.xml should ignore additional color entries that the current B4A doesn't understand (Just tested this fact and yes, it also crashes in that case)
That would allow B4A.xml files with changed styles to be both backwards and forwards compatible for future releases, not crash, and even if not all the colors changed as expected, most would, and B4A would still run.

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just figured out that if you copy your custom highlight styles AFTER the ones in the B4A.xml file, the missing ones are used from the original group and the custom ones get used as the values are read again from your custom settings.

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Lildinti, thanks for sharing!

I'm having an exception with this issue, about not finding the "breakpoints" value (I'm not pasting the exception because it is in spanish). I've added it on the settings file, copying another line and changing the name, with no luck. I've tried de 2008 settins file and 2012 one too.

Thank you!

B4A IDE Themes Application

Hi All,

Finally I finished the app. It extracts values from a Visual Studio editor Scheme (VSS) file and egenerate tags for customise the B4A IDE colours.

To learn (and download) more about VSS, here is a link.
Studio Styles - Visual Studio color schemes

Note that the only tags generated are the ones supported by B4A (and Erel!)

The App is very easy to use. Select B4A.XML file (won't overwrite it or modify it in any way, just read the tags),Select VSS file to get colours from , clikc convert and the <Styles> tags require by B4A will be displayed on the textbox, ready to be copied and pasted into your B4A.xml file (remember to back it up before you modify it!)

The app has an Installer to make installing/uninstalling easier.

Here is a snapshot of a VSS theme as it shows on Visual Studio and the ssettings for B4A Created with the app.

Studiostyles-light.JPG

Enjoy!

Download link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/90408241/B4Converter.msi

stanmiller

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working on a dark theme based on the "Cobra" and can't find the attributes for the "black" foreground in the References dialog and Manifest editor. Can anyone help?

Here's the References and Manifest editor in the default scheme. Note the black lettering and punctuation.

1_b4a_style_references.png

2_b4a_style_manifest_editor.png

And here's with the Cobra dark theme. I'd to change the black and the blue hyperlink

3_b4a_dark_style_reference.png

4_b4a_dark_style_manifest.png

Thanks in advance!

stanmiller

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very cool. Looking forward to it.

Between the Cobra, Solarized, and Sublime these are really good dark themes. They rival Android Studio's Darcula.