Wish IDE: I would like to see a status bar in editor showing complete path name of the file

Diceman

Licensed User
When a project is loaded in the IDE, I'd like to see the full path for the file that I am editing in a status bar.

I know I can go to Modules tab and right click and select "File Explorer" which opens a file explorer window. This is a bit cumbersome if I have more than one copy of B4J running each with a different version of the project.

I was hoping there would be a status line below the editor window showing the complete path for the file that I am currently editing.

TIA

Diceman

Licensed User
You can also see the full path by hovering over the first item in the recent files list under the File menu.

Yes, but with 2 copies of B4J loaded, it would be better if a status bar showed the complete path to the file being edited. I like to see the file location locked to the bottom of the editor window so I can see the directory instantly, instead of jumping to a menu or to another tab. There would be less guessing on my part as to which files I am really working on.

TIA

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why not in the Titlebar, the file name is already there?

upload_2019-1-29_17-46-31.png

C:\Users\klaus\AppData\Local\Temp\SNAGHTML208f6043.PNG

C:\Users\klaus\AppData\Local\Temp\SNAGHTML208f1a31.PNG

C:\Users\klaus\AppData\Local\Temp\SNAGHTML208ef2e3.PNG

Diceman

Licensed User
Why not in the Titlebar, the file name is already there?

View attachment 76862
C:\Users\klaus\AppData\Local\Temp\SNAGHTML208f6043.PNG

C:\Users\klaus\AppData\Local\Temp\SNAGHTML208ef2e3.PNG

Yes, I had something similar in mind. I thought the title bar should have the complete path to the project file.
Syntax: "<ProjectName> - <ProjectPath>".
Example: "ResizeAndCrop - D:\B4XApps\CoolStuff\KlausSamples" .

The status bar should still show the complete path for the file in the current edit window because the editor files can appear in a variety of directories, like "c:\B4J\SharedModules\DbUtils.bas", "d:\B4xProjects\Project_X\Common_Modules\xyz.bas" etc.. The source files don't all have to appear in the project directory and are usually strewn over the drive(s).

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
or more tooltip at save icon + tooltip with fullpath at "icon Main x" tab