Wish IDE should have a more modern look

Topwiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you revamp the IDE to be more like Visual Studio? My preference would be the Visual Studio 2005 look.

I know I am asking for modern and giving a 7 year old interface as an example. I just don't like the newer versions.

On a side note, what do you use to develop B4A?

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, have you already taken a look at codejock.com? They have really nice looking IDE's in their portfolio... also, I know you're against it, but the B4A logo... ughh!!

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As B4A is "just" an IDE (are greatful one, for sure!) the logo of an ide doesn´t matter for me... The IDE must fit my needs, not the logo ;-)

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
The current IDE is very functional and I would rather see time spent on language features and IDE enhancements then worrying about how it looks.

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Guys, there is a difference between a good looking IDE layout and functionality. It's not because you change your IDE look and feel, that the functionality changes as well. There is NO demand at all to make things more difficult, everyone agrees with that. However, I wouldn't mind getting some nicer icons and colors...

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
This only changes the code editor colors. There is no way to change the buttons, icons, etc...

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's true.

--- Jem