Android Question IDE - Tools - Configure Paths - SDK Manager

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
firefox_df64Q268nT.png

If you want to use OpenJDK then you must download it from these links.

Upvote 0

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

I've downloaded OpenjDK11 from the above link, unpacked it to C:\java.

Set configuration as:
javac.exe: "C:\java\jdk-11.0.1\bin\javac.exe"
android.jar: "C:\Android\platforms\android-28\android.jar"

Open SDK Manager button still does nothing. What am I missing?

Upvote 0

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Truthfully, I don't recall. How should I proceed to get the B4A SDKManger and reinstall?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How should I proceed to get the B4A SDKManger and reinstall?

Follow the Instructions carefully. Start with a new blank Folder for the SDK:

Upvote 0

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am pulling my hair out in frustration. I've done the install per the directions and still get nothing when I click on the Open SDK Manager. The same goes for clicking SDK Manager on the Tools menu. Clicking Run AVD Manager on the Tools menu also does nothing???

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am pulling my hair out in frustration. I've done the install per the directions and still get nothing when I click on the Open SDK Manager. The same goes for clicking SDK Manager on the Tools menu. Clicking Run AVD Manager on the Tools menu also does nothing???
Start task manager, find a java icon, tap on the icon and kill the task. Now try to Open the B4A SDK Manager again. I sometimes (very rarely though) get his happen to me on my spare development laptop, killing the java task fixes the none functioning B4A SDK Manager button issue for me. I presume that Java is running or doing something and killing the task frees it up again, but that is on my spare laptop.

Upvote 0

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not really any good reason - just exploring the interface. Just puzzled that it does nothing...

Upvote 0