Share My Creation iLaser - [B4J]

hi

in my work, we have to engrave numbers on our parts via Laser. the whole process to load the correct numbers from an inside use program to the laser machine took about 6 steps.

1, open the program -> enter the job number and load the numbers
2, copy the first number from the list
3, insert inside an excel document and auto-increment by dragging down
4, copy all new generated numbers to new txt file
5, open the laser and point the directory where the txt file is stored (changes every time)
6, manage the process in separate excel files that are stored in many folders (create for each part number an excel file and put inside the date, amount of parts, ... and other info)

you can imagine how many times they did mistakes and engraved parts with the same numbers or wrong numbers which means that a very long process of creating the parts like CNC machining, QC, coating, etc. was wasted for a very stupid mistake in the last stage before the part can be assembled and sent to the customer. very expensive mistakes!

so i created a b4j app that does everything automatically and everything is stored in a sqlite db file. the app creates at the same time the txt file and also stored all data (like what they did in the excel file)

from 6 steps we went to 2 steps down and minimized the possibilities to make mistakes by the employees.
creating such an app is not hard BUT in this case I also needed to update the inside used program so we are updated on all sides. the program is a web application so I use a lot JS to read/write data to the web app.

This shows how powerful b4x is and how it can make our daily life simpler.
now they want me to create more software solutions for other problems in our company :oops:
(i need to mention that my main job is CNC programmer so i have enough to do in my job now i need to work harder, was that a good move for me :eek:)

Attachments

• 1646922470578.png
    1646922470578.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,831

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems you have what is called an unfair advantage (*), which is that you know a lot about programming CNC, and you also have B4X skills. There's reason to assume you would be able to make some CNC tools that could find a number of customers worldwide. Just sayin’. :)

(*) The unfair part means you have more of something - knowledge, contacts, any resource really - in an area than the general population. This is a good thing!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems you have what is called an unfair advantage (*), which is that you know a lot about programming CNC, and you also have B4X skills. There's reason to assume you would be able to make some CNC tools that could find a number of customers worldwide. Just sayin’. :)

(*) The unfair part means you have more of something - knowledge, contacts, any resource really - in an area than the general population. This is a good thing!
You are 💯correct actually i have on my list a 2d turning app to make cnc turning programs. It is planned but dont know when i will start this project.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is planned but dont know when i will start this project.
Yeah, life can get in the way, I think most of us feel this. Still, could be an opportunity for you to make yourself a nice little company with a number of specialized CNC tools...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, life can get in the way, I think most of us feel this. Still, could be an opportunity for you to make yourself a nice little company with a number of specialized CNC tools...
btw i have already made a CNC related App:

Android link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.cnc
iOS link: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/imachinist-cnc-b4x.103972/

what I also want to do is a program where you can draw the part and add tools, set stock, make the cutting process and the app will generate the G-Code so you can put in your CNC Machine. It will work with Fanuc/Okuma/Siemens OS.

it is not a simple task but doable.