Android Question In-App Billing v3 - cancel transaction

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Shay, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Shay

Shay Well-Known Member Licensed User

I read this:
    http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/inapp-billing-v3.31791/

My issue:
    I made order, then cancel it from google play, it was 24hr ago
    I do send:
    Code:
    If BillManager.SubscriptionsSupported = True Then
        BillManager.GetOwnedProducts

End If
    and on:
    Code:
    Sub BillManager_OwnedProducts (Success As Boolean, purchases As Map)

Log(Success)

If Success Then

Log(purchases)

For Each p As Purchase In purchases.Values

Log(p.ProductId & ", Purchased? " & (p.PurchaseState))

'0 - purchased, 1 - canceled, 2 - refunded
             If p.PurchaseState = p.STATE_PURCHASED Then
              Trial_Button.Visible = 
    False

Else
              Trial_Button.Visible = 
    True

End If

Next

End If
    End Sub
    but I am always getting "0" as purchased

this is from logcat:
    true
    (MyMap) {standard_user_1year=Purchase(type:subs): standard_user_1year, state = 0}
    standard_user_1year, Purchased? 0

what is wrong?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

This is a known issue with Google IAP. It can take a very long time until the order state is correctly updated.

Peter Simpson likes this.
  3. Shay

Shay Well-Known Member Licensed User

Can it be related to this, which I don't see in the library option to: "getPurchases"

Local Caching
    Because the Google Play client now caches In-app Billing information locally on the device, you can use the Version 3 API to query for this information more frequently, for example through a getPurchases call. Unlike with previous versions of the API, many Version 3 API calls will be serviced through cache lookups instead of through a network connection to Google Play, which significantly speeds up the API's response time.

4. Computersmith64

Computersmith64 Well-Known Member Licensed User

I'm seeing this issue too in a game where a user can purchase packs of x number of bonuses that can then be consumed one by one. The problem is that if I cancel an order at a user's request & there's a delay in seeing the cancellation in my code in the app, they could use all the bonuses before I can deduct them from their stash. I suppose at least I have some control over this, because users have to ask me to cancel the order (ie: with In-App Billing they can't request an automatic refund like they can with app purchases) - so if a user tries to exploit this issue, I can just refuse to cancel their order. Not ideal though & it would be good to see this library implement all the In-App Billing 3 API functionality.

- Colin.

5. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The problem is not in the library. You can call GetOwnedProducts to get the current known purchases.

The problem is that it takes a long time for the data to be updated.

6. Computersmith64

Computersmith64 Well-Known Member Licensed User

Thanks Erel - I realize that the delay in the cancellation processing is on Google's end, so I guess we just have to live with it - although seeing how many developers seem to be having issues with it, I'm surprised they haven't done something to fix it.

I should have written the last part of my post more clearly - what I meant to say was that apart from the cancellation delay issue, it would be great to see all the API functionality implemented. There is a getSkuDetails method in the API that doesn't appear to be implemented in the library. One instance where I can see this would be useful to have would be if I was to have a bunch of IAP items that I want to roll out gradually without having to release an update every time. I could put all the relevant code in my app & have it conditional upon certain product IDs being available, then add those IDs to my IAP list in the Developer Console at a later date. Having the getSkuDetails implemented would allow the app to check what products are available & show them to the user dynamically as they are added in the back-end.

Anyway, for now I have successfully implemented some In-App Billing in one of my games, so thanks for providing the library in its current form.

- Colin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice