B4J Question InnoSetup and self contained installers

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
I need to automate the update of my application, and for that it is necessary that the installer does not trigger the notification of the uac. For this i seen that if you change the value of PrivilegesRequired = lowest in innoSetup, the uac is not triggered.
My question is where can I change that value?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
thank's Don for your quick response, the problem is that I use the previous B4JPackager because the version of the java in which my application is used is 8 or less. Is it possible to change the value using that version of B4JPackager?

Upvote 0

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
there are no compatibility problems if the computer where it was installed has java 8 and a cpu of 32, with no possibility of updating?

Upvote 0

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
For anyone who has the same problem, I found a solution, maybe not the best, but it works. According to the following link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29372831/java-packager-tool-custom-install-location
***ALLWAYS SAVE A COPY.****
It is necessary to edit the file "ant-javafx", located in "Java\jdk1.8.0_161\ lib" once we will navigate to "com \ oracle \ tools \ packager \ windows \ template.iss" ,
From here we have two options, edit:
DefaultDirName = APPLICATION_INSTALL_ROOT \ APPLICATION_NAME
To:
DefaultDirName = {sd} \ APPLICATION_NAME
this so that our application is installed in C:/ and have no problems with administrator permissions.
The next option is to change:
PrivilegesRequired = APPLICATION_INSTALL_PRIVILEGE
to:
PrivilegesRequired = lowest
but this option did not work for me.
In case you have problems when editing, we will move this file to the desktop so that you do not have problems when editing it, dragging it again when you finish.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
there are no compatibility problems if the computer where it was installed has java 8 and a cpu of 32, with no possibility of updating?
Java 11 requires 64 bit machine. The packagers embed the Java runtime with your app. It doesn't matter whether a different version of Java is installed or not.

Upvote 0