iOS Question Is there a way of testing with distribution cert and provisionfile

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
I uploaded an app to iTunes with an in-app purchase option. However the tester came back and said that when he pressed the purchase button or the restore purchases button, nothing happened.

I had tested both buttons before I sent it off, and they both worked. And I tested it again afterwards and they still worked. The only difference is that my testing is with development certificate and provisioning file and end up in the Sandbox environment, while the one I compile for the store is with a distribution certificate and provisioning file (app specific provisioning file), and I assume use the real environment.

The step after pressing the purchasing button is that, i presume, iTunes throw back a "Confirm Your In-App Purchase" popup with the details+price and a buy button. But this, according to them, is not happening. Is there a way of testing this with distribution cert and provisioning file, and preferably some logging in debugging mode?

I have had 3 other apps pass the tests and they are for download/sale on iTunes, including 2 with in-app purchase of the same type as this one. And I can't see any differences in them. But they where with different provisioning files since my understanding is that in-app purchase requires a app specific provisioning file with no *

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can create an Ad Hoc provision file with a distribution certificate and use it for testing.

That would still not allow me to test exactly the same compiled app I upload to iTunes.

However the problem was solved by appealing the rejection by Apple/iTunes stating that the purchase launch failure could have been connected with; either the widespread general iTunes faults that was observed in the week testing was happening, or alternatively that the failure to launch the payment part could be connected to the specific testers account and suggesting a different tester tried the app.
A couple of days later an iTune's tester successfully did a test purchase, and the app was approved.

Upvote 0