Android Question JRDC2 with mobile 4G connection

Rachbob

Licensed User
Hello everyone,

I made an application with jrdc2 connected to a localhost database. The connection works well when my PC and smartphone are both on wifi. But when i switch my phone to 4G the connection failed.
- what should i do ?
Thanks

Rachbob

Licensed User
I see there are many tasks to do with the router, DNS, windows firewall.. I hope @Erel team can provide a liberary or a class that can handl this job.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Bladimir Silva Toro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Rachbob

The problem is with the network you want to connect to.

When you connect to your WIFI network, access is local via LAN (Local Area Network) and logically you can access your computer with an IP address (192.168.x.x)

But when you connect to a 3G or 4G network you do so to a WAN (Wide Area Network) and since your computer is not on that network it cannot be accessed. If you need to put your computer on that network, you should talk to your Internet ISP so that it gives you a Public IP that can be accessed from anywhere in the world

If you want to know what your public IP is, click on the following link: https://es.geoipview.com/

With this explanation it should already be clear to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rachbob

Licensed User
Hi @Rachbob

The problem is with the network you want to connect to.

When you connect to your WIFI network, access is local via LAN (Local Area Network) and logically you can access your computer with an IP address (192.168.x.x)

But when you connect to a 3G or 4G network you do so to a WAN (Wide Area Network) and since your computer is not on that network it cannot be accessed. If you need to put your computer on that network, you should talk to your Internet ISP so that it gives you a Public IP that can be accessed from anywhere in the world

If you want to know what your public IP is, click on the following link: https://es.geoipview.com/

With this explanation it should already be clear to you.

i understand this. i will wait until i finish building my application and i will test it directly into my DB server with a real remote IP. thanks for your help.

Upvote 0