B4J Library jSQL v1.20 - Asynchronous initialization

New method: SQL.InitializeAsync - Asynchronously initializes the SQL connection. This is useful when connecting to remote databases.

Usage example:
B4X:
#Region  Project Attributes
   #AdditionalJar: mysql-connector-java-5.1.27-bin
#End Region

Sub Process_Globals
   Dim sql1 As SQL
End Sub

Sub AppStart (Args() As String)
   sql1.InitializeAsync("sql1", "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver", _
     "jdbc:mysql://localhost/example?characterEncoding=utf8", "user", "password")
   StartMessageLoop 'only required in a console app
End Sub

Sub sql1_Ready (Success As Boolean)
   Log(Success)
   If Success = False Then
     Log(LastException)
     Return
   End If
   Dim rs As ResultSet = sql1.ExecQuery("SELECT table_name FROM information_schema.tables")
   Do While rs.NextRow
     Log(rs.GetString2(0))
   Loop
   rs.Close
End Sub

Make sure to copy the library to the internal libraries folder.

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just in time for this nice Lib.
Thanks Erel.

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does Asynchronous means that the initialization and queries are on another thread? I always feel that the app freezes during the queries even in async mode.

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel
i m using this example, but with the query on a button, when press execute the query.
this works fine(your example), but later 1 or 2 min, i try to press the button to execute the query again and this show

(EOFException) java.io.EOFException: Can not read response from server. Expected to read 4 bytes, read 0 bytes before connection was unexpectedly lost.

Note(it on your example, only changed the query to a button)

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
already fixed, this error is not on b4j its on my host(server) the mysql close connections automatic later 60s
i made a timer on my jar, this make a query every 55s with select version() and the connection stay.

thx

prajinpraveen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please help.

I am in a process of developing an medium-complex application. I have to decide if this can be done using B4J or PHP. i have very limited knowledge of PHP.
1. is there anything that we cannot do with B4J which can be done by PHP alone (may be a very broad question)
2. is it safe to connect to mySQL from B4J using JSQL or should i always have a PHP script on the remote server to handle mySQL connections

thank you