B4A Library [Lib] AnimationPlus

Hello everybody,

Here's my new baby. The AnimationPlus library extends the Animation library by adding:
  • the interpolators (Bounce, Accelerate, Overshoot, Cycle, etc.)
  • two parameters:
    PersistAfter (boolean): if True, the animation does not revert to its initial state
    StartOffset (long): delay before the animation really starts
  • AnimationSet (animations on the same view are played together)
  • four new Drawables:
    AnimationDrawable: image-by-image animation
    ClipDrawable: drawable with automatic clipping (ideal for progress bars)
    LayerDrawable: multi-layer drawable
    TransitionDrawable: cross-fade between two drawables
  • for translation animations:
    PauseTranslation/ResumeTranslation/IsPaused: new functions to pause/resume the animation
    AnimationRepeat: new event
List of properties and methods

If you want a library with more possibilities, and easy to use, give a try to NineOldAndroids.

Examples : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kneWWcCy7PUTNERGJIamlzSjA/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-LK97oJs9aV-UHK4CWY0utw

Attachments

• AnimationPlus v2.3.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 4,385
Last edited:

MaCaveAVin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Nice library.

On my current project I'm doing rotation on a picture depending of north (compass), if user click on picture then I hold roation and picture is move and size is increased. Then I wish to allow rotation again dpending of north position.

Issue is even if I set PersistAfter, when I allow rotation again, picture come back to initial position and decrease to original size.

I'm wondering what is the best way when animationset ends to get view end position ?
I would like to set end position view as new default position. Then I could do rotation again.

May be in a near future a small library update could add a function to do that ?

Does anyone have any idea ?

Thanks

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Nice library.

On my current project I'm doing rotation on a picture depending of north (compass), if user click on picture then I hold roation and picture is move and size is increased. Then I wish to allow rotation again dpending of north position.

Issue is even if I set PersistAfter, when I allow rotation again, picture come back to initial position and decrease to original size.

I'm wondering what is the best way when animationset ends to get view end position ?
I would like to set end position view as new default position. Then I could do rotation again.

May be in a near future a small library update could add a function to do that ?

Does anyone have any idea ?

Thanks
Please see posts #102 and #116

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Informatix,

Any know how to create a simple animation with imageview BUT scaling with another PIVOT?

I mean, I need stretch a imageview to the left fixing botton down like pivot or any another pivot, like top+left, top+right, down+left, down+right.

Thanks

Alberto Iglesias
The only possibilities with Animation or AnimationPlus are a pivot set to top left or a pivot set to center. For more flexibility, see NineOldAndroids.

azzam223

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello informatix I want to move view when I touch it And move To another Position How can I do this

mehransafavy

Hi there
i wanna create a simple animation that rotate a button
and i got the following error on line 36
" java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from field 'int android.view.ViewGroup$LayoutParams.width' on a null object reference "

B4X:
  Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
    Activity.LoadLayout("check")
    Button1.Initialize("")
    A1.InitializeRotateCenter("A1",0,360,Button1)    LINE 36 ---------------> here is error
    A1.SetInterpolator(animPlus.INTERPOLATOR_LINEAR)

A2.InitializeTranslate("A2",-90dip,-110dip,0,0)
    A2.SetInterpolator(A2.INTERPOLATOR_OVERSHOOT)

animPlus.Initialize(False)
    animPlus.AddAnimation(A1)
    animPlus.AddAnimation(A2)
    animPlus.Duration=3000
End Sub

mehransafavy

Remove that, if you have Button1 in your layout "check".

Otherwise, after initializing it, you need to add it to the Activity:
Activity.AddView (Button1, 0, 0, 100dip, 50dip)

Tip: create B4XPages projects.
Thx
Do i have to do this for all view’s or Only the ones I want to had animation?

mehransafavy

Otherwise, after initializing it, you need to add it to the Activity:

Tip: create B4XPages projects.
B4X:
    Activity.LoadLayout("check")

A1.InitializeRotateCenter("A1",0,360,Button1)
    A1.SetInterpolator(animPlus.INTERPOLATOR_LINEAR)

A2.InitializeTranslate("A2",-90dip,-110dip,0,0)
    A2.SetInterpolator(A2.INTERPOLATOR_OVERSHOOT)

animPlus.Initialize(False)
    animPlus.AddAnimation(A1)
    animPlus.AddAnimation(A2)
    animPlus.Duration=3000

i still have error on line 2
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified child already has a parent. You must call removeView() on the child's parent first.
😭

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i still have error on line 2
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified child already has a parent. You must call removeView() on the child's parent first.

Otherwise...
If Button1 is in your layout, you don't need to do anything else; you don't have to write Button1.Initialize or Activity.AddView.