Wish Library Manager should also show libraries enabled via dependencies

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I recently had a situation where the IDE complained about me declaring something twice.
B4X:
myClass is declared twice. You should either remove the library reference or the code module.

It was related to a b4xlib I had enabled. I went looking in the source for the library to find where I had declared the thing. Nowhere to be found, it just wasn't there. After slamming my head into a brick wall for a while I wiped the blood from my face and realized that I also had the manifest file to look at. Lo and behold, at some point I had mindlessly entered the dependency in the DependsOn. After removing that, refreshing and cleaning all worked well.

I have many times thought the IDE should show all implicitly enabled libraries, mostly out of principle. This time I got screwed by me making a mistake and then being tricked by the IDE as it clearly showed that the library in question wasn't enabled. This means that reality is one thing, and the IDE sometimes shows another thing. I would prefer if the IDE reflected reality.

Visually it could be done quite easily:
1656499114947.png

In this example the library myFineLib DependsOn jSQL. So the IDE shows that with another icon, and makes the jSQL name italic. For extra clarity a tooltip could show when pointing to jSQL listing all libraries that enabled it.