Tool Library permissions

A user in the chat room asked if there was an easy way to find what permissions various libraries add to an app. There really isn't any easy way, so I created one.

libinfo.png

libinfo is a simple little program that lists all of your JAR libraries in the Additional Libraries directory and when you click on one, it will list all permissions that that lib will add to your app. If it does not list any permissions, then that lib does not add them or that lib does not have a corresponding XML file and is not a B4A library.

There is no installation, just unzip it to any location on your drive and run it or create a shortcut to it on your desktop. The program is re-sizable in case some of the permissions are longer than the default window sizes.

The zip file is a bit over 230k and is available at this link.

Version 1.0.0 - Initial release

--- Jem

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for sharing this, however this is not the correct way to see the permissions added to your app.

I will explain, no permission is added when you add a library. Only when you dim a variable, permissions are added based on the permissions of this specific object.

A better way to see the permissions added is to compile your app in release mode and then click on the List Permissions button:

SS-2015-04-26_08.12.27.png

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for sharing this, however this is not the correct way to see the permissions added to your app.

Yes it only lists the POSSIBLE permissions that will be added to your app. I should have worded the post a bit better.

--- Jem