Android Question Library to use the DJI Android SDK?

Jimdriver2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a library available for using the DJI Mobile Android SDK, available here?

If not then could someone please direct to me how I could use that SDK directly in b4a? I've never had to use a standard library before so have no experience doing it. I did find the following threads that seemed related:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/java-video-tutorial-creating-a-simple-library.12431/

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-libraries-without-eclipse.29918/#post-173756

However both are quite old so I wasn't sure if they've been superseded by something that I haven't found yet.

Thanks.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The forumsearch is working. DJI

Upvote 0

Jimdriver2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that the current version of DJI library will not work with AndroidX SDK.
Ok thanks. What does that mean for my trying to use it? My B4A license is still live (so I've got the latest version) and I've used Android SDK manager to have the latest SDK. If I just download the DJI library from their website and the B4A library from here does that mean I'll have config issues?

Apologies if these are bad questions, I'm not great when it comes to configuring dev software!

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The DJI library is one of the more complicated libraries available.

I hope that the next DJI SDK update will add support for AndroidX. Until then you will only be able to use it if you download the old ready to run SDK. I'm also not sure whether the current SDK supports Android 9 devices.
Bottom line is that it is probably better to wait for DJI to release a new SDK which will hopefully be supported by AndroidX and then wait for the updated B4A DJI library.

Upvote 0

Jimdriver2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel. Apologies again for what could be a silly question but when you say "the old ready to run SDK" do you mean an old version of the DJI SDK or an old version of the Android SDK? In either case where would I get those?

Thanks.

Upvote 0