Wish Libs for All

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is something interested that hit me today. How interested would everyone be in this if there was something similar to Hosted builder but only for libs for every B4X product. What I mean is what if there was a "folder" where all the newer versions of a lib are placed where we would all of us have access. This could be done by a shared folder in dropbox but it would not be very safe to do this in this way. What would be safer to do is that @Erel would maintain the folder in B4X headquarters and each time we would add a lib this would be fetched to our projects (and a version control option each time we open the project with a "has changed" flag would be the "paradise"). Thus we could decide if we would like to update the libs of the project to the newer ones automatically.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I know. The disadvantage with the forum folder is that you are the one that has to do the job of searching and fetching and updating. For example if you download a project with 2-3 libs that are not present in your libs arsenal then you will have to search-go through the results-find-fetch-install for every lib. If what I suggest was to be true no more missing lib messages would appear and a lot of time would be saved for the developers making B4X suite the ultimate tool (it already is but an upgrade in the ultimate scale is always welcome).