Android Question Licence Error

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have a app on Google Play for many years and I have the following crash has been reported in Google Play:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'byte[] java.lang.String.getBytes()' on a null object reference
at com.android.vending.licensing.LicenseValidator.verify(LicenseValidator.java:101)
at com.android.vending.licensing.LicenseChecker$ResultListener$2.run(LicenseChecker.java:224)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

I am using the Licencing Library 1.20 - https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...application-with-the-licensing-library.11429/

Everything has been working fine until this user submitted this crash. I have over 1000 users and it has been working for them. Hopefully this is just a once off issue.

The user comments (from Google Play) say he updated his phone and now has this issue.
His using a Galaxy S5 (klte) with Android 5.0

Anyone else have issues with the Licencing Library or know what I should look at to find what is causing this to happen ?

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just got another customer with the same issue.

Running Android 5.0
Galaxy S5 (klte)

User message:
"App stopped since I changed phones but I am still using the same SIM card"

java.lang.NullPointerException
in com.android.vending.licensing.LicenseValidator.verify

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'byte[] java.lang.String.getBytes()' on a null object reference
at com.android.vending.licensing.LicenseValidator.verify(LicenseValidator.java:101)
at com.android.vending.licensing.LicenseChecker$ResultListener$2.run(LicenseChecker.java:224)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

Upvote 0