Android Question Licensing - Test Account Performance

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have recently added the Licensing Lib to a selection of technical apps, so far with some pleasing results. Normally I favour silent background activity but I thought it might discourage the 'Download-Backup-Refund' (DBR) pirates if I added a toast message....

B4X:
Sub lc_Allow
   ToastMessageShow("Licence Check OK", True)
End Sub

It seems to have done the trick as DBR behaviour is down significantly and I am actually seeing cases of a second purchase within a few minutes of a refund when they find out the backup does not work........ so thanks Erel

My question is about test accounts. As you cannot purchase your own app we have to debug by setting the test account response which seems to work well. I understand that the full licensing installation is smart and tolerant of lack of internet access after a couple of days use, but is the test account function the same ?

As I use my own apps frequently I am finding that as a nominated test account my installation is very intolerant of lack of internet connectivity. (Of course the test user is left at 'Licenced'). Even after a couple of days use whilst connected the moment you switch to Airplane Mode it triggers the Sub Lc_DontAllow.

Should a test account user experience the same longer-term experience as a retail & licensed user, or is it only intended for short-term debugging using a different process in the cache?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…