Android Question Material Design Library Wrapper ?

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
think it would probably be easier
i dont think it would be easy to mix two complex libraries into one

Have had a quick check of this material lib here... The generated R class is 60kb (that´s huge for ONE library)
The lib has 48 java files with 744kb total.
A lot of work to wrap this library.

Upvote 0

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
i dont think it would be easy to mix two complex libraries into one

Have had a quick check of this material lib here... The generated R class is 60kb (that´s huge for ONE library)
The lib has 48 java files with 744kb total.
A lot of work to wrap this library.
The sooner you get started then Manfed the better ;)

Upvote 0

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
The sooner you get started then Manfed the better ;)
I will comment in french. S'il te plait mettez vous a fond et sa va aller ... @DonManfred I think it will be good to have all material in a unified lib instead of doing separate things...Je dit des bétises...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This library is amazing. Maybe even @Erel can make a wrapper to her. I think that will add huge value to the B4A.

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This library is really very interesting.

Unfortunately I'm currently working on another big private project so I don't have the time to write a wrapper for it.

Wrapping such a huge library is much work.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your answer @corwin42 !!
Unfortunately I'm currently working on another big private project so I don't have the time to write a wrapper for it.
i already started with it... With a few objects i have my problems but some i already wrapped.

materiallib0004.png

I would not release the wrapper as YOU are Mr Material! :D

But with your acknowledge i would publish the lib if i´m ready with the things i CAN do.
I will share the java-source for my Wrapper with YOU too in this case. So, maybe, if you want to add the missing Objects later in future then, you can do (if you have the time).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice work @DonManfred.
Which one are you wrapping?
If you have time to send an apk, i just want to check the ripple on the buttons and how that looks on pre-L devices. (I've seen issues with atleast 3 implementations i tried to wrap).
Eventually im going to give up on appcompat and supporting previous versions, its too much effort and too much pain, and the results are not consistent.(for e.g. cardview, ripples, transitions, etc)

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would not release the wrapper as YOU are Mr Material! But with your ackniowledge i would publish the lib if i´m ready with the thinks i CAN do.
I will share the java-source for my Wrapper with YOU too in this case. So, maybe, if you want to add the missing Objects then, you can do (if you have the time).

I don't have the exclusive right to release material libraries. :)
I'm always glad to see new useful stuff for B4A and you are doing an extremely good job.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have the exclusive right to release material libraries. :)
I know and i already released few material wrappers..

But for this complex lib i would create kind of rivalry and the last thing i want is to bother you when i release this library. I REALLY APPRECIATED YOUR Tutorial-Series!

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Which one are you wrapping?
https://github.com/rey5137/material

If you have time to send an apk, i just want to check the ripple on the buttons and how that looks on pre-L devices. (I've seen issues with atleast 3 implementations i tried to wrap).
The button i already have wrapped. will send you an B4A Example and the actual Library-wrapper (XML/JAR) this evening. Dont need to say that is is not yet finished and maybe have bugs.

Upvote 0