Android Question Merging text and image into Msg.Body?

William Hunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am dealing with an email message having a content-type of text/plain. The text portion is quoted-printable, and there is an inserted image as a base64 image string. Both have been saved as attachments, and have been decoded appropriately.

I now have a text file for the text string, and a bmp file for the image. How do I merge these two files into Msg.Body for display in a WebView? Also, in the event there were more than one image, how would this be handled? Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards

William Hunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sending the mails to your app? If so then you can create a html body and include the images as base64 strings inside the html.
Thank you Erel. I have no role in the preparation of these messages. They are incoming from a mail server, and have been sent to me by third parties.

Best regards

Upvote 0

William Hunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
How are the bitmaps referenced from the text?
Both the text and the image were downloaded as attachments. I have two individual files.

1. The text was quoted-printable and has been decoded to utf-8.

2. The image was a base64 image string and has been decoded to a bmp file.

As it stands now the image is not in any way referenced from the text. I simply extracted the two parts from the incoming raw message. It has had no other handling. I am looking for a way to merge the text and image so the compete original message can be displayed in a WebView. I'm doing some experimentation, so this might not be the right approach. I would like to find a way to display the text, and whatever number of images accompanied the text, into a WebView.

Regards

Upvote 0

William Hunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel. Is it possible to source the bitmap from a local variable, rather than File.DirInternal?

Regards

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…