Android Tutorial Modules Attributes

johnaaronrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
Debugger removal

I haven't used B4A in a while. But I think that there was an option in the menu to include/exclude the debugger in a project. I don't see it now. Is it a parameter to be placed in each module or is there a better way?
PS I 'm using the latest verions of B4A, namely 2.52

Please ignore this unless you are a Linux user. Problem is that Wine is not showing contents of combo boxes, in particular the one with debug & release.

Last edited:

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User

There is a drop list on the IDE toolbar that offers Release or Debug options.

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi,

I don't know if you got a response about this.
But in case, you change the value of "CompileMode=X" in b4aVx.x.ini in your "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\Basic4android" folder.
Where X is 0 in debuging mode, 1 in release mode and 2 in release obfuscated mode.

Maybe you need to update Wine also, that seems the new version work better with many windows applications.

Regards.

aklisiewicz

Licensed User
Longtime User

well this is really, really needed feature !
Art

jcesar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

How can i read the #VersionName value from another activity ? I need this value to show in a About activity.

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
StartAtBoot and StartCommandReturnValue do not show up in my dropdown list?

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User

@Erel how to knwon the module name where a Class instance is initialized ?

Ex.

The following code is inside the my class :

B4X:
CallSubDelayed2(<<< MODULE >>>, "Overflow_Click", str.Trim)

In order to allow the CallSubDelayed2 to handle the signature of the events, I have to known the module name.

Last edited:

Gentry

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a module attribute to test and branch logic in code if the build is in debug mode? So that test cases can be easily set but not executed in Release mode? Something like

B4X:
#IfDebug {value=x}

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…