KICC

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel,

Please help me for following scenario,

i have just started developing in B4a and required your help,

1. ) i have Microsoft SQL server installed on Server computer in my network
2. ) i have B4a installed on user computer in a same network

to use SQL Database in my program please help me to configure, where i need installed jdbc driver for MS SQL (Please put link so that ic an download) in server computer or in development computer

where i need to create that jdbc_driver folder and what shall i keep inside (Full path please)

please note that my server is installed with Live IP so how can i connected it outside of my network

Regards,
Hendasa

KICC

Licensed User
Longtime User
hello Eurojam(stefan)

thanks for your reply, but please let erel answer this , i have gone through user guide but there is no chapter for MS SQL all it has it SQLite, if you had gone through my question then would know that i had asked very specific questions,

anyways thanks for your guidance,

second i just want to you all to know that i have successfully completed first step which is connection with database (MS SQL) in my first run i got msg "Connection successful"

now please help me to use database with my application , if you have any ready code with MS SQL then would be great help to me

why table is not created in Database as there is commands in property file

guidance from Erel , Stefan and all the members would be useful to me

Regards,
hendasa

Upvote 0

KICC

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear ALL ,

Please reply my question please also let me know which library is used for DBRequestManager

Upvote 0

JTmartins

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear KICC

The "new way", as you call it, means that you have to configure your MSSQL server to accept remote connections from the outside world.

Not very good idea in terms of security. Opening a MSSQL server to the outside world, is the first step to call for problems.

In my point of view, Security comes first even above performance or whatever argument people use.

Upvote 0

KICC

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear KICC

The "new way", as you call it, means that you have to configure your MSSQL server to accept remote connections from the outside world.

Not very good idea in terms of security. Opening a MSSQL server to the outside world, is the first step to call for problems.

In my point of view, Security comes first even above performance or whatever argument people use.

ohhh, thanks dear, you mean i should go with older Technic or in your way more secured way , i would love to you suggestion as i am very much concerned abt security , please help me more on this issue, did you use that method

Upvote 0

Bobi

Licensed User
Longtime User
ohhh, thanks dear, you mean i should go with older Technic or in your way more secured way , i would love to you suggestion as i am very much concerned abt security , please help me more on this issue, did you use that method
Please excuse my English but:

If you want to access MS SQL database best and recommended solution is to build a web services (asp .net). Web services will connect to Stored Procedures (not direct tables for many many reasons). Sounds complicated but it's not. After all you will access your Web Services from your application (doesn't matter how, where, etc). Please consider to read This as a start point. If you want to use MS SQL in your program you probably will never use properly undocumented ODBC driver or other unofficial solution.

Please let me know if I can help you more with this issue.

P.S. Never access your database through internet without stored procedure with well design security plan.

Upvote 0

JTmartins

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi KICC,

No I never used that method. I've always used a service either in PHP or ASP to interact with the databases.

The company where I work strictly forbids database server to accept connections from the outside world. Is a matter of security politics, each company has their own, and there is no point in discussing this matter here, as it does not help to solve your problem.

Even using services, all requests and responses are encripted to ensure that sniffers wont easily get their hands on what is going trough the networks.

So first you have to decide in wich way want to access the database, than I'm sure it will be easier to get help, although the forum examples are, in my opinion easy to follow, specially the ones related with acessing the databases using a webservice. I really don't know why you call it "old technique" as it is the one more used in the internet.

Upvote 0

Bobi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Something more: you ask about documentation about MS SQL/B4A integration. Please understand difference between MS SQL and MySQL as difference between two different world: Linux/Unix and Microsoft. I don't comment your choice (MS SQL is very good database system anyway) but the best approach to solve your problem is what I wrote before. Don't ask Erel why is so difficult but ask Google why hate Microsoft so much :). I hope Cortana will be available for Android soon! :)

Upvote 0