Longtime User
Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
very good 2020

Note: New version MariaDB

It enables for stopping query execution.

Doesn’t block the database while backing up the data.

It is a highly secured and doesn’t allow any kind of database file manipulation while running.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Note: New version MariaDB

It enables for stopping query execution.

Doesn’t block the database while backing up the data.

It is a highly secured and doesn’t allow any kind of database file manipulation while running.

very interesting. currently, i am using mariadb. from which version can I benefit from those features?

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry @LucaMs

very interesting. currently, i am using mariadb. from which version can I benefit from those features?

we did a migration from Mysql to MariaDB of millions of records, and we have seen that its performance is excellent.
We did this because Mysql (Oracle) will stop maintaining and supporting the free version in the near future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hanz

Some people choose among the three sql servers by having their criteria first. What are the criteria or specifications they need for their applications? And from there, they identify which of the three is more relevant to them. They say, when you hunt for food in the forest, why will you shoot a rabbit or deer with a tank? Even one has heavenly and overwhelming features, if your need is just the basic ones, then, by all means, why not choose it?

Upvote 0

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Using both in a Security Application.
Some Clients using there MSSQL Server what is a must.
This application is using both MSSQL and MariaDB by selection.

Because of the difference from this DB's I prefer MariaDB what is more easy to work with.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some one uses PARADOX as well😳😳😳
d0a6798b4b0d7d541f841f86858e99f7.jpg

Upvote 0