Android Question Multi-form layout

QSerg

Hi All,

I found an old thread with pretty much the same question, but I did not find clear answer here:
Finding this thread was much relieve for me because I stop thinking that I am complete full dump idiot.
Basically question like this. Many start coding in B4A including myself came from VB6 with decades of experience that often doing more harm than use. In VB6 there where forms and frames and it was easy enough by clicking a button to close one form or frame (whatever is more convenient) and open another. How I can achieve similar behavior in B4A? I have one layout that takes whole screen and like by pressing a button switch to other layout with totally different set of data and then came back.
If someone know any tutorial discussing this stuff please point out.

Many Thanks
Serg

QSerg

As per my post in other thread I found it simpler to place everything on one page and make certain elements visible or invisible thus changing "pages". Still missing VB6 flexibility with forms and frames.

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
By placing a group of keys on a panel in B4X, for example, you can display or hide the entire group at once. You can also place a layout in a part of a B4X layout in B4X. It may take some searching on the B4X website, but with the great search function on the B4X website and with some help from B4X users, a lot is possible in the B4X program code.
If you now have a concrete B4X problem of yours in a small B4X example program with a description of your associated B4X program code problem, then we may be able to help you get a concrete B4X solution for your B4X program code challenge.

Upvote 0

QSerg

By placing a group of keys on a panel in B4X, for example, you can display or hide the entire group at once. You can also place a layout in a part of a B4X layout in B4X. It may take some searching on the B4X website, but with the great search function on the B4X website and with some help from B4X users, a lot is possible in the B4X program code.
If you now have a concrete B4X problem of yours in a small B4X example program with a description of your associated B4X program code problem, then we may be able to help you get a concrete B4X solution for your B4X program code challenge.
In the same way I can create singe function that may hide/unhide group of controls and call it from any place of my program. This is pretty much what I did - created set of function like ShowSceen1, ShowScreen2 etc. Also thanks for offering help, but I just finalize project yesterday and everything working as intended. I never said that multiply pages do not work in B4A, I just said it is way too cumbersome and definitely not as straight forward as it should be.

Upvote 0