Wish Multi mode XUI xcustomlistview

DroidLyon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

It is possible to contain all/many of the different "modes" of [B4X] [XUI] xCustomListView (expandable lists, pull to refresh, swipes etc) within one library (Class)?

Within one App I am currently able use the master lib as it is intended for one list, and if I want to use the expandable version in the same app I rename the class HERE (and I think needing to change some of code within it) and they can successfully work alongside each other

Advantages to me are:
1) don't have different versions of code in different places and therefore less likely to carry forward bugs (I note that the master XCLV is now at version 1.7+ whilst the expandable class is at 1.65 for example)
2) less maintenance
3) ease of use

I have no idea whether this is feasible, and suspect that it may be too complicated, hard work and/or risky, but I thought in my simplistic amateur head that for example introducing a "mode" for xlcv, in designer or class initialise it could be possible - then if mode zero it's a standard Xclv, mode 1 expanded version etc. Perhaps there is a better way.

Here are some of variants I use with links.

Standard xCustomListView
Expandable list
animated header
xCLVSwipe
floating titles
Claudio's xSelectableCustomListView
IndexedTable (not XUI)
DaniDPX IndexedTable with Custom List view (not XUI)

Thk for reading
D

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
These two classes are extensions to the standard xCustomListView library:
CLVSwipe: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...view-swipe-actions-and-pull-to-refresh.98252/
CLVHeader: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ce-animated-header-to-xcustomlistview.105343/

IndexedTable has nothing to do here.

Going forward more extensions will be created. There is no reason to over-complicate the standard library. At this point it is a mistake to use modified version of the standard library as it will cause conflicts with other libraries that depend on xCustomListView.

DroidLyon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for explaining strategy and agree with not over complicating standard library.

I think I was naively hoping the suggestion would enhance XCLV rather than overcomplicate, and that at some point the Xcustomlistview would miraculously metamorphise into a XUI version of Informix's self contained Ultimatelistview :eek:

I'd think though it would be useful for newbies if there was a reference to the supported extensions in the main xcustomlist view post.

Looking forward to the next extension, especially the expandable list version !