Android Question Navigation bar and designer / 100%y

techgreyeye

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I use the designer to layout my app, it is going behind the navigation bar at the bottom.

I've searched before posting and I read this :

"Most devices don't have hardware buttons. 100%y doesn't include this bar so its size is not really important."

But in my app, setting the bottom a view to 100%y puts it behind the Navbar.

Do I have a setting wrong, or something?

techgreyeye

Licensed User
Longtime User
Attached example

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-20-10-57-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-20-10-57-07.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0

techgreyeye

Licensed User
Longtime User

I haven't, though I've seen the post. This wouldn't help me layout in the designer anyway, which is what I really want to do.

If there is no alternative, then I'll have to. It just feels like this can't be the correct answer as it make the designer unusable.

I've found the setting android:fitsSystemWindows but setting/unsetting just seems to make the navigation bar translucent or not but leaves the button behind the navigation bar.

Upvote 0

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not near a computer to check yet, but what's your script to set the position of that button.

And also, the layout DOES have the title bar visible and the full screen unchecked, right ?

Upvote 0

techgreyeye

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not near a computer to check yet, but what's your script to set the position of that button.

And also, the layout DOES have the title bar visible and the full screen unchecked, right ?

I've tried just positioning it at the bottom in the designer and anchoring it to the bottom, and also setting Button1.bottom = 100%y in designer script.

"Show Title" is ticked, "Full Screen" is not.

Upvote 0

techgreyeye

Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that there is never a need to set Button1.bottom = 100%y. Use anchors instead.

Can you upload your project?

I'd only set the bottom as part of working out what was going on...

Anyway, I was prepping a cutdown version of my project to upload and spotted it...

B4X:
<item name="android:windowTranslucentNavigation">false</item>

was in my manifest, and this appears to be the cause.

Upvote 0