Wish New B4A Bridge app version

Paolodc

Hello everyone! The B4A Bridge app is very used for testing our applications, but maybe it'should be more funny see a different layouts . It is only a little desire.
It is possible? Is possible see a more cool version? To give a moder vision of B4A product .
For example with different button color, different background colors, new icon, a pretty drawing...

If there are someone who wish this, please agree bellow.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1615295567993.png

Attachments

• B4A-Bridge.zip
    33.1 KB · Views: 290

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A-Bridge FTP server allows you to access the secondary storage (File.DirRootExternal).
You can press menu in b4a: [Tools] => [B4A Bridge] => [File Explorer] to connect.

Okay, an important feature rarely used

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
On that topic, is ever the ftp server used? What for?
All the time, to transfer files (surprisingly :)) and not necessarily for B4A use but as a quick to access general utility using File Explorer. For more comprehensive file update and bulk transfer work I use WinSCP FTP on the desktop and primitive ftpd on the device

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone! The B4A Bridge app is very used for testing our applications, but maybe it'should be more funny see a different layouts . It is only a little desire.
It is possible? Is possible see a more cool version? To give a moder vision of B4A product .
For example with different button color, different background colors, new icon, a pretty drawing...

If there are someone who wish this, please agree bellow.

Not what you mean but a bit of fun from the past. [I had to search the scrap bin.]
The Zip is too large to post here but should download from Drop Box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31d5yhd61chf0gz/Bridge_Command.zip?dl=0

Roger

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
On that topic, is ever the ftp server used? What for?
I use it very much, for example to find problems that customers report, I copy the customer's database using that FTP option.
Copy and extract files I need to review, etc.

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this! I ran it and got a "missing Library" error - here's the link for those files:
Well I installed it and it works but I have a suggestion. The connection status is missing. It's nice to know you've connected.
[Added Later] I checked the source code and see that "Waiting for connections" should change to "Connected", but his doesn't happen, at least on my tablet, even though I have actually connected. I will look into this further. Thanks for giving me something to work on during boring-stuck-in-house-Covid-days.
[Added Later] Sorry, but I guess I'm impatient. I ran it again and the label does change to "Connected" - it just takes time. The "original" B4A Bridge shows the connection status change instantly.

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this! I ran it and got a "missing Library" error - here's the link for those files:
Well I installed it and it works but I have a suggestion. The connection status is missing. It's nice to know you've connected.
[Added Later] I checked the source code and see that "Waiting for connections" should change to "Connected", but his doesn't happen, at least on my tablet, even though I have actually connected. I will look into this further. Thanks for giving me something to work on during boring-stuck-in-house-Covid-days.
[Added Later] Sorry, but I guess I'm impatient. I ran it again and the label does change to "Connected" - it just takes time. The "original" B4A Bridge shows the connection status change instantly.
I also experienced a bit delay at first but it is working smoothly after running it a few times. I also not sure why.
By the way, I just created the the screenshot manually - by manipulating the Connected label (I cheated!) because it won't work (was not connected) in emulator. It is working fine in real device!